The NOAA Coastal Services Center firmly believes in a regional approach to coastal management to give an organization the perspective it needs to find pragmatic and relevant solutions to coastal issues.
The U.S. Commission on Ocean Policy and the Interagency Ocean Policy Task Force recommended the development of regional ocean councils to help state and federal agencies jointly address ocean and coastal challenges. Regional staff members from the NOAA Coastal Services Center support regional ocean partnership efforts at all levels. Regional ocean partnerships include the following:
- Caribbean Regional Ocean Partnership
- Council of Great Lakes Governors
- Governors’ South Atlantic Alliance
- Gulf of Mexico Alliance
- Hawai’i Ocean Resources Management Plan
- Mid-Atlantic Regional Council on the Ocean
- Northeast Regional Ocean Council
- Pacific Regional Ocean Partnership
- West Coast Governors Alliance on Ocean Health
For additional information about these efforts, contact the Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.