This two-day interactive workshop provides the knowledge, skills, and tools to design and implement projects that have measurable impacts on the intended target. Participants will learn to increase project effectiveness by applying a systems approach to designing a new project or re-assessing an existing project. This approach helps build in accountability, reveal assumptions, create a targeted effort, think strategically, and better articulate the impacts on the issue.
What You Will Learn
After completing this course, participants will be able to
- Link project design and evaluation to agency and organization missions, strategic plans, and established program niches
- Apply a systems approach to logically connect project components from resources to outcomes
- Create functional logic models for immediate use in their projects
- Generate performance measures for project evaluation
- Select the appropriate type of evaluation for a specific project
This training is provided by request and will be fulfilled as resources are available. Classes can be taught at the NOAA Coastal Services Center training facility or brought to your organization. The Center reserves the right to cancel the course in the event of low enrollment. The cost is minimal for participants and host organizations. Please review the on-site host responsibilities, costs, and site requirements. To apply to host a course at your location, please fill out our host form, and a trainer will contact you.
For additional course or individual registration information, e-mail email@example.com.