This tool allows users to create soil-based thematic maps. The Soil Data Viewer provides access to soil interpretations and soil properties while shielding users from the complexity of the soil database and its more than 50 tables. Each soil map unit, typically a set of polygons, may contain multiple soil components. This data viewer makes it easy to compute a single value for a map unit and display results. Built as an extension to ArcMap, the application can run independent of ArcMap, but the output is then limited to a tabular report.
- Provides quick geospatial analysis of soil data
- Contains processing rules to enforce appropriate use of the data
- Allows users to define areas for analysis with several selection tools
- Generates thematic maps and reports of soil interpretations and chemical or physical properties
- Allows users to save, download, and print soil maps
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional or Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Adobe Reader
- WinZip or its equivalent
- Microsoft Access
- Internet Access and a Web Browser
- ESRI ArcGIS 8.3 or later, varied versions based on GIS platform
- Data Viewer 5.1 requires ArcGIS 9.0 or 9.1 and Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1
- Soil Data Viewer 5.2 requires ArcGIS 9.2, or higher, and Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0.
- At a minimum, users must acquire the tabular soil data for their area of interest.
- To create soil thematic maps, the spatial soil data for the area of interest is required.
Note: Soil tabular and spatial data are always available. For some areas neither tabular nor spatial soil data may be available. For some areas only tabular soil data may be available.
Get It Now
Administrative privileges and write access to the C:\ drive are required for installation.