Electronic navigational charts represent a complex vector database containing as many as 150 possible data layers. The Electronic Navigational Chart Handler extension makes it possible to use chart data in the ArcView 3.x, ArcGIS 8.3, and ArcGIS 9.x environments.
- Imports chart data into defined geodatabase feature classes
- Assigns nautical chart symbology
- Removes extraneous data layers
- Creates views, adds groups of shapefiles, applies symbols, and arranges themes in the table of contents (ArcView 3.x)
- ArcView 3.x, ArcGIS 8.3, or ArcGIS 9.x
- For versions beyond 9.x, please use the ESRI S-57 Viewer.
- Electronic navigational charts (ENCs) stored in S-57 international exchange format. NOAA's Office of Coast Survey provides ENC data in the S-57 format for download.