The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ eCoastal program provides data management solutions for coastal projects. The eCoastal Toolbox is a comprehensive set of applications that enable ArcGIS users to gain access to user-friendly interfaces for data retrieval and to simplify complex geographic information system analysis procedures. The eCoastal ArcMap toolbars include the following product features: Survey Tools; Profile Loader; and Sediment Budget Analysis System for ArcView. These tools were specifically designed to address the needs of coastal engineers.
- Helps create raster grids, triangulated irregular network surfaces, and loading and analysis of hydrographic survey data
- Allows users to import and format profile and elevation data for analysis
- Helps users calculate and display local and regional sediment budgets, including single and multiple inlets, estuaries, bays, and adjacent beaches
- ArcGIS 9.x (ArcMap) or ArcGIS 10.x
- “Survey Tools” requires either the Spatial or 3-D Analyst extension
- "Profile Loader" requires the Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1
Stories from the Field
Developing a Regional Sediment Budget for the Northern Gulf of Mexico
Sediment erosion and accretion were calculated for over 375 miles of shoreline, providing the first context for assessing regional impacts.
Includes newsletters, presentations, papers, system architecture design documents, standard system setup tutorials, and other items
eCoastal Training Program
Provides information on custom eCoastal trainings and offers some modules in PowerPoint format
Get It Now
- Allows users to choose the tools that are appropriate for their software version